Everyone has a “go-to” chocolate cake recipe; and this is one of my favorites. More than the cake, I love making super-moist, yummy chocolate cupcakes using this recipe
I don’t exactly remember where I got this recipe. I only know that it must have been there in my book for quite a long time! And I should thank my husband for helping me notice it. He had to get a birthday cake for a friend and while at the store, he suddenly realized this would be a perfect time to get more “tasters” for my baking skills He called me up and gave me less than 2 hours to bake the cake and to get ready to go meet friends. Men and their weird timelines!!! Anyway, I checked my book and found this recipe; which looked easy to make in less than an hour. This has been my favorite chocolate cake recipe ever since.
And the bonus is, you don’t require an electric mixer. All you need is a big bowl to mix all the ingredients
- All-purpose Flour – 1½ cup
- Baking Soda – 1½ teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar – 1½ cup
- Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
- Unsalted Butter – 180 grams (¾ cup)
- Hot Milk – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 180° C for 10 minutes. Butter and line the baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the melted butter and half cup of the hot milk to the dry ingredients and whisk well for 2 minutes. Beat the eggs lightly and add this to the cake mixture. Add the remaining milk and vanilla extract and whisk well for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pour the cake mix into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.