Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! Need I say more?!! Forget what people say about the calories… If you’re offered some choc chip cookies with a glass of milk, how could you possibly say NO???
Well everyone seems to have their own favorite version of these cookies. I like mine thick and chewy. But my husband’s all about its size. He loves them really big with full of chocolate chips in them! Quite recently he found his perfect choc chip cookie. They were gigantic; I swear I could have made at least 3 cookies out of the same amount of batter! And unlike my cookies where the chips are hidden within the cookies, these were filled with an overdose of chocolate chips on the surface of the cookies. I’ve been ordered to make a super gigantic cookie just for him the next time I make these.
I’ve heard many people complain about not being satisfied with the chocolate chip cookie recipe they tried. I’ve tried only this recipe and I’m quite happy with it. Hope you like it too! I got this trick of using an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough for each cookie. It helps in getting the cookies to come out in the same size. If you don’t like your cookies chewy, you can bake it for an additional 3 – 5 minutes. Smaller cookies should be done by 10 minutes or so.
PS: These pictures don’t do justice to how the cookies look… I guess my photography sucks!!! Maybe I’ll update the post with better pictures some other time.
- All-purpose Flour – 2¼ cup
- Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter – 225 grams (1 cup at room temperature)
- Granulated White Sugar – ¾ cup
- Light Brown Sugar – ¾ cup (160 grams)
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Vanilla Extract – 1½ teaspoon
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips – 1½ cups
- Preheat the oven to 180º C for 10 – 15 minutes before baking. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the white sugar and brown sugar and beat until it becomes fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough until it becomes firm. (Takes about 30 minutes – 2 hours)
- To make large cookies, place about 2 – 3 tablespoon of the dough (or use an ice cream scoop) onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure to space the cookies well (at least 2 – 3 inches apart) as the cookie dough expands in size while baking.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 – 14 minutes, or until the cookies start to have a golden brown color around the edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 20 – 24 large cookies.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart